This Zingy Summer Salsa is quick, easy and the perfect snack or dinner compliment. I serve it with homemade nachos, fajitas or tacos or simply freshly made with good quality corn chips. You can add in fresh corn pieces or leave out the coriander if it's not to taste. Let me know what you think!
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 small red onion
2 small red chillies
25 g each (about 1 cup) coriander and mint
1 punnet, ripe cherry tomatoes
125g can crushed pineapple (drained)
1TBS olive oil
Salt and Pepper to serve
- Roughly chop onion and chilli then place in a Tupperware Turbo Chef or blender. Mix until well chopped. Remove and put aside.
- Repeat with the coriander and mint.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters. Finely Zest and juice limes.
- Combine the garlic, onion, chilli, herbs, tomatoe, lime rind and juice, pineapple, olive oil and salt and pepper in a mixing bowl with spatula.
- Serve with crusty bread, corn chips or crackers. Enjoy!