Trick or Treat Spider cookies
A sweet treat to make Halloween a touch more spooky and sweet.
- 1 package Betty Crocker Double
- Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix
- 1 can of chocolate ready-made frosting
- 1 can of vanilla ready-made frosting
- 24-48 orange and green M&Ms
- Re-sealable plastic bags
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix ingredients for cookies as directed on the package.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to get similar sized cookies or just use a spoon and vary the amount for different size cookies.
- Place cookie dough on a baking sheet and bake for about 7-8 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Makes about two dozen cookies.
- Spread chocolate frosting on the top of each cookie.
- Fill a re-sealable plastic bag with a couple of heaping spoonfuls of frosting and snip a tiny hole out of the bottom of one corner.
- Pipe on three circles of white frosting for each cookie. Start in the middle with the smallest circle and work your way out.
- Take a toothpick and beginning in the centre, drag it lightly through each circle. Repeat all the way around the cookie.
- Take remaining frosting and separate it into two bowls. Tint one frosting with orange icing colour and the other with green.
- Fill two re-sealable bags with the orange and green frosting and snip off the corner of each.
- Pipe eight small legs with each colour and place a matching orange or green M&M on the top of each pair of legs. Add one or several spiders on each cookie.